photo courtesy gobreck.com
Saturday, September 24th, 9:00am – 1:00pm
*** This is a Member-Only, No-Pet Event ***
- Join us for a short, easy, autumn morning hike at one of the original, intact homesteads of Summit County
- With spectacular views along the Ten Mile Range, the 500+ acre, 1916 Whatley Homestead is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- By popular demand, Sally Queen will be giving her Summit County homestead talk.
- A small lunch and wine tasting will follow the hike.
- Proceeds from the door prize drawings will benefit the revamping of our recently-acquired historic cabin at our Summit Historic Park in Dillon
- Not a member? CLICK HERE to join
*** DEADLINE FOR TICKET PURCHASE: 12pm on Friday, September 23rd ***
Click Here for Directions to Red Tail Ranch
- Due to construction on Coyne Valley Road you will be directed to Airport Road via Valley Brook Street.
- From Farmers Corner (Swan Mountain Road at Highway 9 near Summit High School) head south on Highway 9 toward Breckenridge for about 5 miles.
- Turn right at the traffic light on Valley Brook Street.
- At the stop sign turn right (north) onto Airport Road and follow it to the end, about 1.3 miles.
- Turn left onto the dirt road. You will see the sign for Red Tail Ranch.
- Follow the dirt road up and around the bend.
- Go thru the gate, and follow the road until you reach the barn. Someone will be there to direct you to the parking area.
Please arrive at 9:00am. The hike will begin shortly after. We will provide lunch and enjoy a wine tasting upon your return.