See all our upcoming events below. Scroll through the following months or select the list, day, photo, or week view for your convenience. Click the event to purchase your tickets. We look forward to seeing you at our next event!
- This event has passed.
Hike on a Homestead: Fall Foliage Hike at Red Tail Ranch
Sep 24, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$25.00
Saturday, September 24th, 9:00am – 1:00pm
*** This is a Member-Only, No-Pet Event ***
- Join us for a short, easy, autumn morning hike at one of the original, intact homesteads of Summit County
- With spectacular views along the Ten Mile Range, the 500+ acre, 1916 Whatley Homestead is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- By popular demand, Sally Queen will be giving her Summit County homestead talk.
- A small lunch and wine tasting will follow the hike.
- Proceeds from the door prize drawings will benefit the revamping of our recently-acquired historic cabin at our Summit Historic Park in Dillon
- Not a member? CLICK HERE to join
*** DEADLINE FOR TICKET PURCHASE: 12pm on Friday, September 23rd ***
- Due to construction on Coyne Valley Road you will be directed to Airport Road via Valley Brook Street.
- From Farmers Corner (Swan Mountain Road at Highway 9 near Summit High School) head south on Highway 9 toward Breckenridge for about 5 miles.
- Turn right at the traffic light on Valley Brook Street.
- At the stop sign turn right (north) onto Airport Road and follow it to the end, about 1.3 miles.
- Turn left onto the dirt road. You will see the sign for Red Tail Ranch.
- Follow the dirt road up and around the bend.
- Go thru the gate, and follow the road until you reach the barn. Someone will be there to direct you to the parking area.
Please arrive at 9:00am. The hike will begin shortly after. We will provide lunch and enjoy a wine tasting upon your return.