See all our upcoming events below. Scroll through the following months or select the list, day, photo, or week view for your convenience. Click the event to purchase your tickets. We look forward to seeing you at our next event!
- This event has passed.
Members-Only: Historical Jeep Tour to Chalk Mountain (***SOLD OUT***)
Aug 15, 2022 @ 7:45 am - 2:00 pm$65.00
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR MONDAY AUGUST 15th
*** SOLD OUT – Contact us at (970) 468-2207 to be added to our waiting list ***
Hosted by the Summit Historical Society, along with the Dillon Community Church Jeep Club. Join us for a “top-of-the-world” off-road excursion as we explore the mountains around Climax. We will discuss the rich history of mining in the Ten Mile Range, local geology, the lost towns of Climax, Kokomo, Robinson, and Boston and the role of the Climax High Altitude Observatory during WWII and for NASA.
- This is a Member-Only Event. Not an SHS member? Click here to join
- OFF-ROAD VEHICLE NOT REQUIRED; The DCC Jeep Club members will have seats available in their vehicles
- Monday August 15th
- 7:45 AM – 2:00 PM *
- Location: Meet at Summit Historical Society no later than 7:45AM (403 La Bonte Street, Dillon, CO 80435)
- Tickets: $65 (This is a Member-Only Event)
- Limited to 14 guests
- Wear comfortable shoes and jacket. Bring your own water, lunch, and camp chair.
- THERE WILL BE NO RESTROOM FACILITIES AFTER LEAVING THE SCHOOLHOUSE. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A NO-PET EVENT
* Return time is approximate — we may return to Dillon later than 2:00pm