by Maureen Nicholls
Gold Pan Mining Company and Shops
“In 1900 the Gold Pan Mining Company transformed the undeveloped southern outskirts of Breckenridge. The 1859 gold boom town became an industrial hub.” The company’s mining efforts on the Fanny and Maggie placers proved unprofitable, but the company’s “world-class” machine shop transformed the town, bringing electricity to the town and nearby mines. The huge number of never-before-published photographs that accompany the text make this a valuable addition to anyone’s library.