Ways to Give
Members and friends can support the Society with their financial gifts. Many give above and beyond their dues, becoming Guardians of our Historical Heritage. Some give gifts in honor of others; or in memory of friends and family. You can honor someone with a gift at a birthday, anniversary, or holiday, such as Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, or Christmas.
Stocks, Bonds and Planned Giving
We accept stocks and bonds in our Charles Schwab investment account. Gifts benefit our various programs/projects: the living classroom in the schoolroom, the planned high-altitude ranching and agriculture exhibits in the Rice barn; or general operating expenses. It is possible to designate a program or project supported by your gift. We also accept bequests, charitable remainder trusts and other planned giving options of your choice.
Local Community Giving
Colorado Gives Day
Each December, people have the opportunity to give to the non-profit organizations of their choice through Colorado Gives Day. To contribute to Summit Historical Society follow the hyperlink to our page.
City Market Rewards Program & Amazon Smile
You can also enroll in the City Market Rewards Program and Amazon Smile. Simply follow the instructions below to designate the SHS as your chosen charity, and the Society will receive a percentage of your everyday purchases. This is an amazing way to support the SHS without breaking the bank.
To enroll in the City Market Community Rewards program:
- Visit City Market Rewards; choose City Market Rewards Program.
- Create an online account with CMR by clicking Enroll Now.
- Once the account is created, you will be logged into the program.
- Type in the charity of choice—Summit Historical Society.
- Click on the circle to assign your card to SHS and you’re done.
To enroll in Amazon Smile:
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- Type “Summit Historical Society” in the bottom right-hand corner where the box asks for a charity.
- Then click SELECT. You should get a response that your purchases will now support SHS.
- Be sure to visit Smile.Amazon.com every time you purchase from Amazon – ordering through the regular Amazon.com will not benefit the SHS.