The Society welcomes volunteers. We exist because of our volunteers—men, women, and children. We depend heavily on them for a variety of tasks. We need help with special events, publicity, fund-raising, maintenance and upkeep on our sites, archive and collection management, grant writing, staffing the SHS table at the Dillon Farmer’s Market on Fridays, leading boat tours on Lake Dillon, guiding visitors through the Schoolhouse Museum, the Myers Cabin, and Honeymoon Cabin, and developing exhibits for various venues. If you can give of your time and talents, please call the SHS office at 970-468-2207.
Summer Volunteers Opportunities at the Summit Historical Society
Would you like to learn more about Summit County’s amazing history? Would you enjoy telling others about it? If so, we need you. Here are some exciting summer volunteer opportunities:
Dillon Schoolhouse Museum Guides— Join our dedicated group of docents who lead visitors through the Schoolhouse, Myers cabin and Honeymoon cabin.
- July 3 – August 31
- Tuesday–Friday at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Training for all new Schoolhouse Guides will be Tuesday, June 26, from 9:00-noon.
- If you can’t commit to every week or two shifts a day, that’s not a problem. Schedules are flexible.
Lake Dillon Boat Tour Guides—If you enjoy the water and would enjoy sharing the history of the Dillon and the Reservoir, this is a great job. Boat tours are run through the Dillon Marina (who also take reservations and provide the boat and a captain).
- June 12 – August 30.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- Training for Dillon Reservoir Boat Tour Guides will be Tuesday, June 5, from 9:00-11:00.
For inquiries, contact Christy at 970-468-2207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.